Thursday, February 20, 2014

Tumblr?

Tumblr?

Tumblr, stylized in its logo as tumblr., is a microblogging platform and social networking website founded by David Karp and owned by Yahoo! Inc. The service allows users to post multimedia and other content to a short-form blog. Users can follow other users' blogs, as well as make their blogs private.[4][5] Much of the website's features are accessed from the "dashboard" interface, where the option to post content and posts of followed blogs appear.
As of February 7, 2014, Tumblr hosts over 170.2 million blogs.[2] The company's headquarters is in New York City.
I got this definition from Wikipedia  

What the hell is microblogging?

Maybe I'm out of the loop?

Maybe I'm not that cool?

So I am not on Tumblr, but I have been looking at a lot of posts on there thanks to the app Zite. Don't get me wrong I like it and think that there are a lot of cool things on there and maybe it's just the posts I've been seeing but it seems like it should not be considered a blog site. I mean it might as well be Pinterest, because all I see is a bunch of pictures that are by other people and they re-blog them from other users, really no original content, and definitely no writing. When you "like" something they call it notes which is kind of funny to me. And let me just say there are a lot of strange people on there that like a lot of strange things; don't get me wrong I like some of of it because I'm a little strange too, but we all are. I would probably join if I thought I had time, it just gets too overwhelming to try to keep up multiple Blogs and sites. I have a hard enough time keeping up with this, backing up pictures between Google drive, Sky Drive (One Drive), Pinterest, Facebook, Deviant Art, Flickr, as well as some others. That is about all I have to say about this for now, although I won't rule out that I won't join someday and if I do I'll let you know.    

Take on more? That is the question?

Maybe

Maybe not

No comments:

Post a Comment